This is one of the best times of the year in my opinion! Who wouldn’t love great cookouts, drinks, and of course FIREWORKS?
Here are some great places in the area to watch fireworks. Let us know if you know of any other places and we’ll be sure to add them 🙂
Prince Georges County
- Town of District Heights, MD
- E. Michael Roll Municipal Building@ 2000 Marbury Drive
- July 4th @ dusk
- City of College Park, MD
- University of Maryland Parking Lot 1 Concert at 7pm
- July 4th
- Fireworks start at 9 p.m
- July 4th Fest
- June 30th-July 4th @ 9:15pm
- 6 Flags Washington DC/Baltimore
- 13710 Central Avenue, Bowie
- The theme park is open June 30 – July 4 from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Hurricane Harbor is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. with fireworks lighting up the sky at 9:15 p.m. from an all-new location in GOTHAM CITY. New for 2018 – Firework party zones in Whistlestop Park, GOTHAM CITY and Chesapeake near Apocalypse. Don’t Forget to bring a can of Coca-Cola to save $15 on park admission (normally $69.99 Day of purchase) Or go online with code word “Coke” and save almost $35 on early bird tickets!
- Celebrate Charles – A Fun Filled Fourth
- Wednesday, July 4 @ 4:30 – 9:30 pm
- Regency Furniture Stadium
- 11765 St. Linus Dr., Waldorf
- The general public is invited to attend this family-friendly event. Local businesses, artisans and food establishments will be showcased in the “Best of Charles County” and kids of all ages can enjoy amusements in the Celebrate Charles Family Fun Zone. Guests will enjoy live music performed by Sam Grow and No Green Jellybeenz. A fireworks display will top off the evening at 9:30 p.m. Admission is free. There are fees for food and product purchases. Guests will also be able to enjoy the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs baseball game against the Somerset Patriots. Tickets can be purchased by calling 301-638-9788 or visiting http://www.somdbluecrabs.com . For more information, go to http://www.CharlesCountyMD.gov or contact them at 301-645-0601. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.
- Town of La Plata Independence Day Watermelon Bash
- Wednesday, July 4 @ 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Grounds of the La Plata Town Hall
- 305 Queen Anne Street, La Plata
- Join us for hot dogs, waterslides, and plenty of watermelon! Event is wheelchair accessible. Town of La Plata web site: www.townoflaplata.org
St. Mary’s County
- Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department
- Saturday, June 30th
- 24801 Three Notch Road, Hollywood On Route 235 just north of the Leonardtown-Hollywood Rd (Rt 245) intersection
- Independence Day celebration featuring entertainment provided by the Amish Outlaws . $5.00 Armbands for Carnival rides and games starting at 5pm, food available for purchase. Fireworks begin at dusk. Parking is $5, no coolers or pets allowed. 301-373-2900. Hollywood VFD Web site: www.hvfd7.com.