St. Mary’s College of Maryland Welcomes You to the 2011 Governor’s Cup Yacht Race to be Held August 5th and 6th!
Click here for live tracking of the 2011 Governor’s Cup Yacht Race
Participants can enjoy friendly competition that begins on Friday, August 5, at 2:55 p.m. and finishes on August 7 with a Captain’s breakfast. We’ll have live GPS tracking on the web site so that your shore-side friends and family can track your progress online and the earlier start for PHRF Cruising, N (2HS), C/D, B as well as Multihulls will get you and your crew to St. Mary’s City much earlier to enjoy the festivities!
On Saturday, August 6 beginning at 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., attendees can enjoy a full day of family-fun activities that include:
- Shopping for merchandise provided by Chesapeake Custom Embroidery
- Beverages by the Leonardtown Rotary Club
- Food selections provided by Bear Creek BBQ, Bollywood Masala (Indian cuisine), and Shannon’s Shish Kabob Shack (shish kabobs).
- Dessert will be available by Maggie Moo’s ice cream and Kona Ice.
- Also a variety of live entertainment will be playing, including Southern Maryland music legends David and Joseph Norris playing some original tunes, followed by the ‘Baltimore Islanders’ steel drum band! After the awards ceremony the lively local band “Six Gun South” will help you rock through the evening!
It’s not too late to register, the race fee is $100. The St. Mary’s College campus community looks forward to seeing you there.
Townhouse accomodations are now full, however, single occupancy bedroom apartments with living room, dining room, and a full kitchen are available at the same price. Please call 240-895-3081 for information.